All-Russian Art and Industrial Exhibition in 1882
The total area of the 30th hectares in the Khodynka field . This was the central exhibition building. Consisted of eight It three oil- pavilions, located in a star-shaped, that is, in the radial directions, and interconnected by two concentric galleries, thus forming a large central courtyards and eight small (diameter 298 m, area of 35,000 m²). On both sides, almost identical pavilions adjoined to the main building (9.980 m²).All three buildings were assembled from 31 m. All medium, higher spans had upper light. Metal frame for of The the main building made WAS AT the St. Metal Plant petersburg , and the pavilions of the art machine and a departments Were made AT the Bromley plant in Moscow and the Bryansk plant. . It was a project that had worked out for it , and it was the GE of the Pauker and the IA Vyshnegradsky . And final design of The working drawings made by architects Were the AE Weber andAS Kaminsky , who carried out the construction of all the main pavilions. In addition, the assembly committee of the handicraft and The Imperial Pavilion, made in the Russian style, was one of the main exhibition buildings.designed for “repose the visitors” and closed to visitors; Such buildings will be built at many exhibitions. The exhibition also built 36 private pavilions. Famous Russian architects were involved in their design; the pavilions of the artificial waters of Lanin , the owner of the porcelain factories of MS Kuznetsov , the well-known sugar manufacturer Abrikosov, were distinguished by the wealth of decoration . Manufacturer Vodka, supplier of the Court of The Imperial of Majesty a His Striter a His built the stand in the The form of a triumphal gates, made up closeup of bottles with products Manufactured by HIM.The exposition of the Moscow factory of fragrant goods “ Brokar & Co. “- a fountain with a cologne (the Company About enterprise |” Brokar and Co. “WAS Awarded the gold medal of the exhibition). Of The main decoration of the the stand of the Zlatoust Arms is Plant WAS the Huge National emblem of Russia:” … A Huge It is a vase to make a seal. of cold finishing and arms, a knife product and tools, and a silver medal for using open-hearth steel to make gun barrels and the introduction of metal quenching baths for Blades) .They built their pavilions: the Svetozar gas lighting plant, the mill of the partnership “S. A. Dobrov and BI Nabgolts; the bell plants were located near the gardening department (from PI Olovyanishnikov’s sons, from Yaroslavl , from the Kharkov province – Ryzhov, two from Moscow – Finnish and Samgin ); Felzer’s Brewery and the Lionpop of the United Kingdom
For the first time, an electric railway appeared on the territory of the exhibition, built by the well-known St. Petersburg company Siemens and Galske – a 300-meter line was very popular:
For the convenience of the visitors, it was a restaurant, a restaurant, a train station, and a trainer of experts.
The opening of the ceremonial has taken place on May 20, 1882 . Over the four months of the exhibition, more than a million people visited it. During the 131 days of the exhibition, it was visited by 1,077,320 people, who received a collection of 256,765 rubles and 5,900 people.
One of the most visited places of the Russian exhibition of experts, a restaurant and a tavern of Lopashova. The construction of The restaurant, designed by architect DI Chichagov, at the expense of the owner (about 205.000 rubles in silver) was begun in 1880 and was completed by the opening of the exhibition. On regular days, 140 waiters were involved in serving the visitors, up to 200 on holiday, and 70 cooks with boys. In total, up to 320 employees worked. The tavern was intended to “meet the requirements of the middle and low-income class of people.”Observers complained about the high cost of food and drink.
For the first time of the exhibition. 5813. The unique exposition of the participants has been divided into 14 teams and 121 groups. For the first time, they identified an independent handicraft department (1105 items), which was formed by 4 provincial committees and 7 statistical committees; He became the number of exhibits after the department of agriculture. Also for the first time the scientific departments and military departments. Various exhibits of domestic industry.
The art of architecture, sculpture, painting, landscape gardening, music, theater, ballet. For the first time the art department was formed, it became a significant event in the artistic life of Russia. Russian artists as Antokolsky , Bryullov, Vasnetsov , Vereshchagin , Ge , Ivanov , Kramskoi , Kuindzhi , Repin , Polenov , Prianishnikov , Savitsky and many others. Concerts series of A was given by the symphony orchestra conducted by AG Rubinstein .
In one of the letters to N. von Meck, PI Tchaikovsky wrote: “For me, there is nothing more than that. Think dear friend! Except, for platitudes and noisy common places? However, I don’t have to take a look at the unsympathetic task. ” In early November 1880, the” Solemn Overture “was completed and published. The first performance of this composition took place on August 8, 1882, as with the part of the exhibition, in a symphony radio concert radio of the Moscow branch of the Russian Musical Society under the direction ofIK Altani .
The Parisian “Revue de Deux Mondes” in the most detailed report from Moscow noted: “The exhibition of 1882 constitutes a true triumph for industrial Russia; it has been an unfolding process for all past twenty years. ”
The exhibition cost the treasury 2,945,726 rubles .